Applications Support Technician
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Williams F1 are currently recruiting for an Applications Support Technician to support the IT team with the implementation, upgrade and user environment of diverse manufacturing and finance systems throughout the application lifecycle.
• Take ownership of all issues relating to the implementation and development of HR, Manufacturing and Finance applications.
• Provide specialist support for Office365 applications such as Email, SharePoint, SfB and PowerBI.
• Be responsible for the underlying infrastructure supporting HR, Manufacturing and Finance systems, including cloud hosted environments.
• Respond to any IT Helpdesk calls escalated from 1st Line & 2nd Support Technicians and resolve them within an appropriate timeframe depending on call priority.
• Keep the caller up to date will all progress.
• Continuously improve IT Operations policies, procedures and processes.
• Help to mentor 1st and 2nd Line Support Technicians to improve their ability to support new applications.
• Update any knowledge base articles with the latest available information.
• Work with internal partners and 3rd parties to enable timely implementation of new applications.
• Support 1st Line technicians with any complex issues, as required.
• Ability to follow procedures to ensure calls are handled correctly.
• Ability to develop a good understanding of key technologies in use at Williams.
• Understand logical fault finding techniques and put them in to practise to resolve calls in a timely manner.
• Understanding of ITIL in order to contribute to IT Department Process Improvement initiative.
• Support other Operations Group personnel and help mentor less experienced team members.
• Provide recommendations for improvements to any IT services, to the IT Operations Manager.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW