Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are looking to recruit a Parts Coordinator to support the operation of the Williams F1 Team from point of order to end of part life.
Reporting to the Parts Delivery Manager, you will take ownership of parts required to support the operation of the Williams F1 Team from point of order through to end of life, as well as demand creation and delivery management of parts to support WAE projects. You will also manage components through effective demand and allocation in line with required operational quantities and relevant life limitations.
*In compliance with national Secure Freight Consigner conditions, five years’ continuous employment, education and/or training must be evidenced and ay gaps exceeding 28 days accounted for. A criminal record check will also be carried out. This will be explained in more detail during interview.
- Place internal demand and external orders for parts required to support the F1 programme and WAE projects.
- Ensure parts are delivered as requested by liaising with Design, Production & Procurement departments where necessary, giving priorities when required.
- Highlight any parts shortages to minimise risk to the operation of the programme.
- Manage parts thought the season to maximise efficient use of available parts.
- Provide Component Assembly area with relevant information on build and service schedule.
- Complete required event allocation and build specification documentation.
- Build sub-assemblies into ‘virtual car’ in component lifing system and monitor usage.
- Act as point of contact to the Race Team to provide information on parts availability and expected deliveries.
- Maintain part set-up and aid future development of component lifing system.
- Assist in setting department budget for externally sourced items with a view to minimising business costs.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date: All applications must be received by 16th December 2019
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW