Electronics Mechanical Design Engineer
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Williams designs and manufactures electronic equipment, both hardware and software, for the monitoring & control of various systems on the F1 car.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer for Electronics and Sensors, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for mechanical engineering within the Systems Engineering department. Responsibilities include designing robust, lightweight enclosures for housing equipment on the car. Design special purpose fixtures for design and production test.
• To work with electronics engineers to design enclosures for Williams’ electronic equipment.
• To attend hardware design reviews and put forward points of view on various designs
• To devise and oversee mechanical tests, including vibration tests and shock tests to prove the finished equipment is appropriate for use on the car.
• To design rig fixtures for design and production test of electronics, sensors, and actuators to ensure that the design is satisfactory.
• Additional tasks may be required.
• Maintain positive relationships with all other factory departments.
• To follow the company’s health and Safety policy
• Maintain high standard of staff and department presentation, as appropriate for a showcase facility visited by potential sponsors and other VIPs
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW