HPC Engineer - Aerodynamics
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
The HPC systems at Williams are right at the heart of our aerodynamic design process and critical to the race car performance. Collaborating with the lead HPC engineer, in this role you will be ensuring we develop and maintain state-of-the art HPC capability to support our fast-paced CFD program. You will have a strong focus on performance and reliability and be motivated by working in a challenging and high technology environment.
Key Operational Duties:
• Assist in day-to-day management of HPC hardware and associated systems
• Perform administration duties on the HPC systems
• Help provide user support to the CFD and Aerodynamics departments
• Help to develop strategies to maximise performance of HPC hardware, software and workflows
• Contribute to a long term HPC strategy, including collaboration with hardware and software vendors
• Note that the nature of the role requires out of hours support for critical systems
Essential Technical Skills:
• Educated to at least degree level in computational science or related subject
• A history of working with HPC hardware and systems
• Excellent knowledge and experience of Linux and shell scripting (csh/sh)
• Knowledge of python programming language (Java, C++, C# also useful)
Beneficial Technical Skills:
• Knowledge of parallel file systems
• Batch scheduling systems
• HPC interconnect and management
• HPC performance tuning
Essential Personal Attributes:
• Excellent team player who is able to work effectively with other specialists
• Ability to self-manage projects within department guidelines
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to report in a succinct manner
• A high level of dedication and personal drive
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are five minutes from Wantage, our closest town.
Application closing date: All applications must be received by 27th September 2019
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW