Graduate Aero Designer
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
There is an opportunity to join the aerodynamic design team, the group
produces high quality wind tunnel model components from aerodynamic schemes, along with developing mechanical systems that allow the team to test the wind tunnel model to the extremes that are demanded in Formula 1.
This position is for a fixed term of 1 year, with the possibilities of it being extended or changed to a permanent position.
Key operational duties:
- Design wind tunnel bodywork or mechanical components at a fast pace and with a keen eye for aerodynamic detail and design accuracy.
- Work closely with aerodynamicists to understand and achieve aerodynamic intent of parts.
- Refine designs to achieve an effective and high-quality wind tunnel experiment.
- Follow projects to ensure successful realisation through manufacture, pre-fit and test.
- Work closely with manufacturing and model shop to understand performance of parts and opportunities for further refinement.
- Work closely with full size designers and stress engineers on critical components.
- Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
- Able to apply novel and creative thinking to design problems.
- Able to work at a fast pace and with a high degree of reactivity.
- Experience of design in a fast-paced environment (F1 experience is not essential).
- Extensive experience of surface/solid modelling using CAD software.
- Qualified in engineering through apprenticeship, HNC, HND or degree.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are five minutes from Wantage, our closest town.
Application closing date: All applications must be received by 10th January 2020.
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW