HPC Engineer - Aerodynamics
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
The HPC systems at Williams are right at the heart of our aerodynamic design process and critical to the race car performance.
Reporting to the lead HPC engineer, in this role you will be ensuring we develop and maintain state-of-the art HPC capability to support our fast-paced CFD program. You will have a strong focus on performance and reliability and be motivated by working in a challenging and high technology environment.
Key operational duties:
• Develop monitoring tools to identify opportunities for performance improvement as well as potential issues.
• Develop strategies to maximise performance of the hardware, software and workflow.
• Contribute to a long term HPC strategy including collaboration with hardware and software vendors.
• Assist in day-to-day support of HPC systems (including some out of hours support of critical systems).
• Work alongside aerodynamicists to understand their use of the systems and provide technical guidance.
• Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other engineers
• Good knowledge and experience of HPC cluster hardware and infrastructure
• Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix
• Knowledge of shell scripting (csh/sh)
• Knowledge of python programming language (Java, C++, C# also useful)
• Knowledge of parallel file systems and HPC batch scheduling systems would be useful.
• Experience of HPC interconnect and management would be useful
• Knowledge and experience of HPC batch scheduling systems
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW