Industrial Placement Computer Science/Software - 2019 - 2020
What we are looking for:
- Highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts.
- Passion for engineering, innovation and technology.
- Candidates who have gone the extra mile to absorb knowledge and gain experience along the way.
- Someone who is ready for the challenge! With our placements, you are a fully involved member of the team from day one. You work counts, you have an impact on our success.
We are currently looking for a Industrial Placement to start in August 2019 for 12months. This placement would be suitable for students studying for a degree in Computer Science or Software.
What to expect:
Being part of the team from day one, getting involved, the more questions you ask the more you will gain from your experience. Working with highly skilled and experienced engineering professionals, and graduates who you can learn and develop with. It is important to know that many of our industrial placements have been successful in obtaining graduate roles on completion of their degree.
Other students taking part in the student placement programme are accommodated in our Aerodynamics, Design, Vehicle Science, Test Facilities and Race Operations Departments.
Student Placement Application Process:
When shortlisting student placement applications, we look for relevant subjects at University as advised above. Students will have a minimum of two years’ experience at University before the placement starts. With a return to your course for a minimum of one year following completion of the placement.
In addition to the above, we are look for someone who has a true passion for their subject, interests in leisure activities such as go-karting, restoring or working on cars, or building working models of cars and planes are helpful but not essential. We also heavily encourage applicants to let us know of any previous engineering work experience as we celebrate the fact we are an engineering company, this is our passion.
When applying for student placements opportunities, all students are expected to submit a covering letter along with a Curriculum Vitae containing the following information:
• Your current career aims and how you plan to achieve them
• Why you chose your degree subject
• Relevant leisure pursuits and activities
• Why work experience with the Company would be beneficial to you
• Demonstrate that you are the best person to be selected
Those students that are shortlisted will be invited to attend an assessment day. Assessment days are scheduled to take place in February at our site in Grove. We will obtain academic references as part of the selection process.
Arrangements for Travel and Accommodation:
It is expected that the student takes sole responsibility for making suitable travel and accommodation arrangements.
Closing Date 18th November 2018
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW