Principal Materials Engineer
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are seeking to recruit a Principal Materials Scientist with expertise in the capabilities and specification of composites, metals, polymers, adhesives and coatings. The successful candidate will lead the group, developing the team’s abilities, and playing a key role in supporting Vehicle Design and Production with all aspects of material selection, development and testing.
You will ideally possess a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, will be able to work accurately under pressure to tight timescales, be self-motivated with a flexible approach, and have excellent communication skills. A drive for continuous improvement and development is required, both with respect to business processes and personal development.
• Monitoring latest trends in materials and processes to ensure the company exploits the benefits of these to maximise performance.
• Perform failure analysis to discover causes and recommend revisions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Devise, perform, and report on material test programs
• Develop and maintain departmental documentation such as to aid material & process selection, process control documents etc.
• Develop and maintain technical contact with key suppliers
• Be able to communicate effectively and provide guidance and motivation to their immediate team.
• Ability to convey new ideas / concepts in an easy to understand and compelling manner to generate “buy-in” from key stakeholders
• Structured approach to work organisation with well-developed time management skills.
• Able to integrate and work well with personnel at all levels of the business.
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 31st December 2019.
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW