Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our expanding Structural Engineering team and play a crucial role in the design and development of our F1 car.
Interacting closely with members of Design, Aerodynamics, Vehicle Dynamics and the Race Team you will be responsible for ensuring our structures meet their strength and stiffness targets, balancing performance with safety and reliability.
This challenging but rewarding role will suit a hard-working adaptable engineer with excellent attention to detail, and a willingness to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
The position responsibilities:
• Perform structural analysis of metallic and composite F1 car components using both Finite Element Analysis and hand calculation methods
• Optimise existing designs and develop innovative new structural concepts, identifying opportunities for mass reduction
• Contribute to design reviews, assessing structural viability of proposed new designs
• Define and observe structural proof tests carried out in the Prototype and Test department, analysing results and using them to improve model correlation
• Write reports to summarise the analysis that has been used to demonstrate structures are fit for purpose
• Help to develop new analysis tools and improve efficiency of existing calculation methods
• Depending on the level of experience, opportunities will be available to mentor other team members
Structural analysis using Siemens NX and NX Nastran or similar FEA software
Structural optimisation using Genesis or similar software
Familiarity with calculation methods based on first principles
Knowledge of fatigue analysis methods
Thorough understanding of structural behaviour of engineering materials
Scripting and model automation skills would be beneficial
Degree qualified in Mechanical, Automotive, Aerospace, Marine or other related engineering discipline.
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW