Trackside Systems Engineer
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Williams Grand Prix Engineering are looking for an experienced System Engineer to join the trackside team.
The job requires travel to the majority of races and tests each year to support the smooth operation of the mechanical and electronic systems on the car.
As a Systems Engineer, you will also:
• Ensure all electronic and mechanical systems required for running the F1 car are operating correctly, safely, legally, reliably and efficiently.
• Ensure that optimal performance is achieved for areas of influence.
• Manage the configuration and settings of the car, including software versions, settings, CAN configurations, logging configurations and telemetry/communications.
• Oversee and approve all tests and system checks before the car runs on track.
• Liaise with performance and race engineers to instruct/coach the driver in the correct and optimal operation of the F1 car including all necessary operating procedures.
• Ensure all additional sensors, logging requirements, and test requests are supported to the highest standards including correct calibration and operational processes (e.g. zeroing)
• Monitor live telemetry and review offloaded data to provide feedback to both driver and race engineers on the state of the car, optimisation of the systems, diagnosis of problems and fault resolution.
• Lead the diagnosis and rectification of any malfunctions.
• Provide a point of contact with the factory for general reporting, failures, and returns.
• Support the configuration and operation of the Driver In the Loop simulator, ensuring consistency with the track and testing/validation of new software versions and settings.
We require candidates to be a degree educated mechanical or electronic engineer with a minimum of two years relevant experience, preferably in the motorsport industry in a track-based role.
Demonstrable experience in two or more of the following engineering disciplines are essential:
• Hydraulic systems,
• Transmission systems,
• Electronically controlled systems,
• Embedded software (including Simulink)
The Williams Group are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town center.
Closing Date: 29th November 2019
Strictly no agencies
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW